Coaching for Adult Learners
Transitions await adults when they embark on a new career. You may need upgrades or new skills and don’t know where to start.
Transitions are extreme for newcomers to a country. Dealing with culture shock and the loss of your familiar support system may be an obstacle in unlocking your potential.
You may need help with communication skills, as they are not only limited to using the correct words in a new language.
You may want to:
* understand cultural norms and expectations.
* catch up on written or oral communication and reading comprehension
* identify your place and define where you want to fit in in a new, unfamiliar society
* find happiness and become a fulfilled contributor in a new country that you will call home.
Through academic coaching you will:
* find new pathways that allow you to combine your past experience and education with new possibilities in a new environment.
As Your Learning Coach I will help you:
* focus and hone in on your strengths and skills you may need
* set a learning goal with you
* establish a plan with you
* consistently check in with you
* until you achieve your learning goal.
* celebrate your achievements